Job Search Result Details
Job Title: Senior Publisher Relations Manager - ePeriodicals
Category: Senior Management
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
Senior Vendor Manager – ePeriodicals - If you are looking for a new senior role in magazine and periodical publisher relationship management, this may be it. Our client, a world leading publishing distributor and platform developer, is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join the team building the UK Periodicals e business. This is a first class opportunity to get in on the ground floor of initiatives with potential to transform the publishing industry.
We are seeking an experienced business builder to liaise with UK publishers across UK digital magazines and newspapers. Together with the leadership team in Luxembourg the successful candidate will collaborate with strategic partners to grow their business, develop effective marketing strategies and enhance the customer experience.
• Together with the EU leadership team create and maintain a strategic plan for growing the UK ePeriodicals business
• Be involved in negotiations with vendors to enable growth, profitability, and long-term relationship success
• Identify opportunities for customer experience improvement and partner with internal teams
• Advise on the key business inputs of selection, price, and promotion to achieve our growth targets
Candidates must be first-class communicators with outstanding organizational skills and also must be able to thrive in a highly demanding, fast-paced but collegial environment where teamwork is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Significant relevant commercial experience in media (preferably periodical publishing), digital content, ecommerce or mobile
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
• Executive level negotiation experience
• Comfort with - and demonstrated success in - negotiating complex and high-value agreements
• Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
• Experience in understanding and communicating requirements with external teams including legal, tax and finance
• Strong customer orientation
• Ownership orientation; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans with a high degree of autonomy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in an a European language other than English would be an advantage