Job Search Result Details
Job Title: Commissioning Editor - Books
Salary: Salary details on application
Commissioning Editor: Books.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a respected international publishing house based in West Yorkshire. Our client is looking to appoint an ambitious and motivated Commissioning Editor who is looking for the opportunity to work with a high level of autonomy within a creative team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of their successful Accounting, Finance and Economics books list. You will commission and manage, on average, 30-35 annual book projects for the academic market.
• Successful development of our accounting, finance and economics book series and reference books;
• Commissioning new titles, to ensure a robust new product pipeline and achievement of new title targets and profit growth;
• Working with external editors to develop a high performing publishing programme of book series.
• Setting and monitoring the overall financial plan for each individual title, including production costs, promotion costs and author fees, ensuring that budgets are adhered to;
• Development of deep market knowledge through systematic market research and the proactive establishment of a strong network of editors, authors and referees;
• Recruitment of Editors and editorial teams, and ongoing relationship management.
• Contributing to successful promotion and PR campaigns for the titles;
• Attendance at international conferences and meetings, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail with good editing, organisational and communication skills; a commercial mindset and the ability to multitask a number of different and demanding projects simultaneously. You will have demonstrable commissioning experience, a thorough knowledge of the academic market and a strong range of contacts and subject knowledge. This position will also require some international travel.
For further details and a job description please contact Donald Smith at email@example.com. Closing date is May 30th 2012.