Are you looking to progress your publishing career in commissioning and dreaming of a Commissioning Editor role in the Arts field? One of our academic publishing clients is hiring for a gorgeous role which will focus on building and nurturing a commissioning pipeline of books and digital content in the Design and Visual Arts portfolio.
The Commissioning Editor will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction for your assigned list, working with other project teams to commission new relevant and engaging content in the Design space in line with commissioning targets
- Coordinating ongoing editorial content
- Building a network of authors in the design and arts fields to develop good knowledge of the sector and identify new potential product lines
- Identifying and pursuing new publishing partnerships for digital resources, liaising with institutions, museums and other cultural partners
- Negotiating contracts with new authors and partners
- Assessing proposals for new projects across the full product mix of collections, textbooks, monographs and supplementary content
- The Commissioning Editor may undertake line management of another member of the editorial team
This role will be based in the London office with 2 set days a week in office and the remaining time working from home. It will suit candidates with a great commercial focus and the ability to pursue new opportunities and expand an already well-established Academic list. This publisher truly values the level of author care they provide, as well as the very high quality of their content and the relationships with their partners, therefore they would love to see candidates with strong stakeholder management skills and who can place high value on the quality of their work.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.
Don't miss out on your dream content or publishing role! Sign up for our job alerts today and be the first to know about exciting opportunities that match your skills and passion. Take the next step in your career journey now!Sign up