Editor / Senior Editor
Our client is an international medical journals publisher based in London. They are now looking to hire an Editor to report into the Head of Publishing to work across a portfolio of medical journals.
Key responsibilities include:
·Monitoring journal standards and implementing quality-control procedures
* Proofreading/ carrying out quality control of all content
* Identifying areas for improvement, establishing a training schedule and training them accordingly.
* Continually developing and ensuring everyone uses correct procedures, and specifications
* Work with the Assistant Editor in managing the Editorial team - though this will not involve day to day management
* Create and implement the content strategy for the wider brand with the Head of Publishing, thinking about subscription and paid content strategy
* Propose new international journal ideas
This role is part of the company's senior management committee, and therefore requires regularly sharing of ideas, what your department's successes are as well as any challenges, and opportunities.
Medical science related degree (Masters, PHD preferable but not essential)
* Substantial experience in medical/healthcare publishing
* Leadership skills
* Extremely motivated and dedicated with meticulous attention to detail
* A problem solver
* Excellent English language and communication skills both written and verbal
* Growth mindset - you always look at opportunities to grow, develop, and improve yourself and the team
* A digital publishing background is necessary, including experience using Editorial Manager for workflow.
* Experienced in creating and executing new content strategies and initiatives
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.