National Account Manager
A globally renowned educational publisher is looking to appoint a highly driven and entrepreneurial National Account Manager to be responsible for generating revenue for a varied new portfolio of assessment and Higher Education products and services. This sales role has a particular focus on building strategic relationships with education pathways, professional bodies and private higher education providers. There will be regular travel and a company car will be provided along with a competitive salary, bonus and excellent benefits. This role offers remote working as a field / home-based position.
As National Account Manager your main remit will be to deliver year-on-year revenue growth of key accounts for this new area of the business; responsibilities will include:
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders in accounts
- Develop a well-connected network of influencers and supporters at senior levels in relevant organisations
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior clients and prospects in a professional and
unambiguous manner, working closely with customers to develop tailored solutions
- Lead the preparation of proposals and responses to bids and tenders
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of the English Language and Higher
- Develop and maintain a good pedagogical and technical knowledge of all the relevant products and services
- Maintain detailed and accurate CRM records and an up to date pipeline of new and existing business
- Lead and support a high functioning, trusting, collaborative results-driven team
The successful National Account Manager will have proven senior level, strategic sales experience, ideally within the higher education and/or assessment or ELT sectors, and a background in achieving results in high value sales, business development or account management roles. Demonstrable experience of creating and implementing strategies and account plans for growth as well as experience of running tenders and managing bids, is highly desirable, as is an understanding of the assessment market. You will have a confident and self-motivated, entrepreneurial approach, with a talent and eagerness for engaging with people and understanding the needs of customers, while being focused on delivering results. The role requires extensive travel across the national territory, and a full driving licence is required.
To find out more about this exciting new role, get in touch ASAP.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.