We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Controller to join the special interest imprint of a leading independent publisher. Our client is looking for a highly organised candidate to join their Oxford team and project-manage a wide list of non-fiction titles.
Working closely with in-house teams and external collaborators, you will oversee your assigned titles through production and shipping, as well as looking after the eBook creation and final design touches.
- Overseeing the production workflow from submission of copy-edited manuscripts to manufacture
- Getting files ready for print and digital production
- Liaising with external collaborators and suppliers to ensure the production of titles is running smoothly and according to the agreed schedule and budget
- Assisting with the creation of digital formats (eBooks) and helping with the XML-based process, which may include testing for quality
- Providing design support to the team, such as final image retouching, layouts and cover artworks
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and friendly team and develop your production career across print and digital formats! It is essential that you have experience of using Adobe products and a knowledge of XML workflows. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the book production processes, and have an excellent eye for detail. Experience using Biblio3 is desirable.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.