Key Account Manager - Fiction Books
We are recruiting for a fantastic new Key Account Manager role with an exciting fast-growing publisher of highly commercial fiction books, including Crime, Thrillers, Romance and Fantasy titles!
Our client has created this new role to look after all leading UK trade accounts, and take their print sales to a new level. We are looking for a publishing sales candidate who is very pro-active, positive and ambitious, and who can form successful relationships with high-revenue retailers, supermarkets, independent bookshops, wholesalers, and other potential new channels. The publisher is based in Central London, but remote working will be considered.
This is a mid-level role responsible for:
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with leading UK print retailers (such as Waterstones, WHSmith, travel accounts, supermarket chains, and independents)
- Create an annual sales plan and contribute to design and implement a targeted sales strategy for print titles
- identifying new accounts to grow print sales, and with the support of the senior management team, negotiating discount and account terms
- Creating sales plans, strategies, projections and targets across assigned accounts
- Secure pre-orders for simultaneous ebook and print releases, to ensure a strong launch for key titles
- Creating backlist promotions based on range, category with and for key retail partners
The successful candidate with have good knowledge of the trade book market and, where possible, be able to come into the role with an existing network of contacts in the fiction book retail sector. Ideally they will have experience in commercial fiction and a proven track record of placing titles into bookshops and major promotions. Strong commercial nous is absolutely essential, as well as a collaborative and fast paced approach to sales and account management. This is a brand new role, created out of growth and it will be important for the successful candidate to come in and hit the ground running, whilst utilising existing connections. This is such an exciting time to be joining this innovative and successful publisher, and to be part of the team to push their books to become market leaders.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.