An award-winning publisher of educational material is seeking a creative and commercially driven Product Manager to join their passionate and customer-focused Publishing team. The company offer an excellent salary package, and great flexibility with this role being based remotely.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Head of Publishing your main remit will be to create innovative print and digital resources for Primary-school children, teachers and parents through leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects from concept to publication and beyond. You will be working across a varied product portfolio covering the areas of Literacy, Maths, Home-Learning and Assessment. As Product Manager you will consider teacher, parent and pupil needs at all times, discover gaps in the market and investigate how far to push the boundaries of educational print and digital content in a post-Covid world. Initially this role does not come with line-management responsibilities, however, this may change over time. Responsibilities will include:
- Devising and managing market research
- Contributing to the strategy process for print and digital Primary publishing
- Developing commercially successful propositions (print, digital and professional development offerings) and managing propositions through their lifecycle
- Managing, discovering and retaining author talent, commissioning content and building strong relationships with authors, editors, and educational consultants and partners
- Representing the organisation at relevant educational and industry conferences/events
- Leading cross-functional teams to deliver publishing proposals on time, to desired quality and to budget
- Briefing customer-facing teams on products, services and the changing market environment and presenting to external stakeholders e.g. teachers, headteachers, potential partners
- Embracing agile workflows and ensuring all content is market tested and meets customer needs
With a commitment to Primary education and learning, the ideal Product Manager will be someone who can thrive in a reactive environment but who is equally comfortable balancing the creative, innovative requirements of the role with pragmatic decision-making, problem-solving and excellent organisational skills. You must be driven to deliver as well as create and innovate. Clear verbal and written communication skills are essential as you will be required to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders with a diverse and varying range of knowledge, skills and expertise. This is a really exciting opportunity for a driven educational publishing professional with great insight into the latest trends and developments across the Primary education landscape and experience of developing products for Maths, Literacy or Home-Learning. To find out more, get in touch ASAP.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.