Rights and Content Executive
We have an amazing opportunity for a Rights professional to join one of the world-leading publishers of audio-books and digital media. Our client is looking for a hard-working and very efficient Rights Executive to join their growing team. This role can be completely remote, with the occasional need to travel to their Newbury based office.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a can do approach to rights and content , who has the passion, drive and strong negotiation skills to buying and selling rights across Audio / Digital. You will be an expert at building relationships with agents and publishers, delivering results and have market awareness across the publishing and rights industry.
Key elements of this role include
- Working closely with the Rights and Content team, to ensure both library and trade list continue to flourish. This will include
- Understanding what is required from the audio market and how their needs can be met by the publishing schedule
- Regularly holding meetings with agents and publishers to ensure our client is acquiring world-leading and international exclusive audio rights
- Maintaining and continuing to grow the publishing list in UK and around the world
Researching and obtaining the best content, the biggest bestsellers, and the most exciting new debuts
- Working closely with all major literary agents
- Assessing and acquiring the best adult and children's content
- Managing publishing relationships
- Being a key point of editorial contact for partners - holding regular meetings with partners to discuss and plan publishing schedules
- Working with the UK publishing team to ensure titles are scheduled to best effect for the whole publishing program
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Rights and have a general passion for Audio, you will be market aware and feel confident to present and enjoy meeting and engaging new business - if you are methodical, enjoy working to deadlines and have an organised approach then please do get in touch.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.