Journal Production Editor
We are thrilled to be working with a leading medical publisher looking for a Journal Production Editor to coordinate the production of journal content and ensure publication process runs efficiently.
The role can be mostly remote, with ideally fortnightly visits to the Buckinghamshire office.
This role will be responsible for:
- Liaising with authors and suppliers to ensure a successful delivery of manuscripts through to final product
- Coordinating workflow of accepted submissions
- Conducting quality checks on manuscript proofs to ensure consistency of style and accuracy
- Coordinating deadlines and deliverables with external collaborators such as sub-editors, indexers and peer reviewers
- Acting as arbiter on issues that may arise around images, permissions, and ethics
This role will require knowledge of journal publishing and production, preferably coming from a scientific or medical publishing environment. We are looking for strong editorial skills, an understanding of digital workflows, and knowledge of manuscript management through publishing systems (Scholar One and/or Editorial Manager ideally).
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.