We are excited to be partnering with a leading education technology (EdTech) organisation focused on the delivery of widely recognised learning certifications, exams and qualifications for professionals around the world. They are looking for a Project Editor to join their talented team! This role offers hybrid working, with ideally 1-2 days spent per week in the company's central London office (if that is problematic though let us know what works for you). It offers an excellent salary and benefits package!
The main remit of the Project Editor will be to support the commissioning editor through developing, reviewing, editing, and proofreading the courseware and guidance material for a wide range of qualifications and assessments. They will also provide editorial support for the delivery of digital content to various subscription and membership platforms. Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Develop & edit manuscripts ensuring consistency in language and structure
- Liaise with authors to manage manuscript revision
- Work with the designers and commissioning editor to deliver diagrams and illustrations
- Support the commissioning editor throughout the creation process by proofreading, collating feedback, and file checking
- Provide support, where needed, for delivery of digital content including, but not limited: editing, proofreading, and uploading digital content to agreed schedules, budgets, and quality
- Apply editorial standards rigorously across all products
The ideal Project Editor will have experience in an editorial or production editorial role in publishing and possess excellent copyediting and proofreading skills, along with the ability to manage and build strong author and stakeholder relationships. Top-notch organisation and communication skills will also be important! To find out more about this exciting new role get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.