An opportunity has arisen to join a well-established and highly successful educational publisher as a Product Manager, to work across their prestigious English Literature and Language list with a view to expanding their publishing programme into other subject areas. This role offers a competitive salary and hybrid working, with ideally 1 day per week to be spent in the company's London office (flexibility on this for the right person - let us know what works for you).
As Product Manager you will work on a range of English Literature and Language Study Guides (digital and print) for the UK market, where you'll shape the future direction of the current products, as well as the development of new product lines. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying market opportunities for new print and digital products
- Competitor analysis and market research
- List management and liaison with stakeholders and consultants
- Developing print and interactive digital content
- Commissioning, contracting and briefing authors, editors, web developers, marketers, indexers, illustrators, typesetters and designers
- Overseeing project managers and editorial assistants
- Setting schedules and budgets to targets
- Quality control of manuscripts, proofs and online content
- Shape social media strategy, website design, marketing copy and cover design
- Overseeing copyright permissions
The Product Manager will have solid experience working in educational publishing, from having previously developed educational products for the UK education market. As well as the ability to build and manage successful relationships, the Product Manager will have excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving and project management skills, alongside sound commercial awareness. To find out more, get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.
Don't miss out on your dream content or publishing role! Sign up for our job alerts today and be the first to know about exciting opportunities that match your skills and passion. Take the next step in your career journey now!Sign up