We have an exciting new leadership role in the Journals team of a prestigious learned society who publish books and journals in the field of environmental sciences. They are looking to appoint an Editorial Operations Manager to actively manage the full journals portfolio, taking responsibility for the performance of editorial staff as well as reviewers and authors, and oversee day-to-day journal operations. They are based in London and offer hybrid working with regular office attendance.
Reporting into the Head of Editorial and Production, this role will be responsible for:
- Direct line management of an Editorial Operations Assistant, and management of editors for all journals, which may involve mentoring, investigating problems, sharing data and resolving ethical problems
- Nurturing a culture of continuous improvement with the journals team
- Developing a strategy for approaching new authors and converting them to repeat authors for the journals
- Monitoring all journals published to ensure KPIs are met and performance compares well
- Assessing performance of the Editorial Operations team, editors, reviewers and authors to ensure high quality of peer review and consistent article output
- Identifying new relevant topics and recruiting editors, commissioning special issues
This role will require excellent knowledge of journal editorial and production systems and best practices. We are looking for someone with an apt for leadership, and who an work constructively in a team and with external stakeholders.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.
Don't miss out on your dream content or publishing role! Sign up for our job alerts today and be the first to know about exciting opportunities that match your skills and passion. Take the next step in your career journey now!Sign up