5 Step Guide to a Perfect Telephone Interview
22 Nov 2018
Welcome to another day of #workinpublishing week. We've put together our five tips for today on having the perfect telephone interview:
- Ensure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed, that you have good reception and that all other phones are switched off.
- Have a copy of your CV and Cover letter in front of you, highlighting relevant, specific examples prepared.
- Be positive and take your time. Speak slowly, clearly and don’t ramble. Be relevant and focussed providing specific examples.
- Listen to the question and ensure your answers are upbeat and focussed on how you can add value to their organisation.
- Prepare at least three questions that you can ask at the end of the interview, use these questions to demonstrate your interest in the role, the company and its products. This is also an opportunity to learn more about the company and clear up any queries you may have.