We are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience ensuring the information you submit to us via our website or through our office is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
In order for us to keep you informed and present you to relevant opportunities, we request to hold your personal data. If you do not allow us to do this, we will be legally obliged to remove you from our database and can no longer put you forward for such opportunities.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We are retained by companies to identify and place individuals into new employment opportunities. We have identified you as an individual that could be of interest to our clients.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal details, including but not limited to, your name, address and contact details including email address. We may also collect and store other information from your CV including current and previous employers, details of your work, skills, work experience, education, salary, expectations and qualifications.
We will then store other pertinent details relating to our dealings with you, including but not limited to, records of interviews, opportunities we have put you forward for, references, other information you have provided to us and copies of correspondence.
We may store further information where we have placed you or you are in employed by us which could include contracts, start and end dates, pay history, umbrella company / limited company details and bank details.
It is unlikely we will require or process any identifiable data which would be categorised as Special under the relevant data protection legislation but should we need to do so we would contact you and get your explicit consent to do so.
What will we do with your personal information?
We will hold your personal data:
- To provide services to you and answer your enquiries.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or a candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to job alerts.
- To match your details with job vacancies according to your background and experience. To assist us in finding the most suitable opportunities and contact you to discuss those employment opportunities.
- For the fulfilment and on going management of a contract where we have placed or hired you.
- For the purpose of identification and right to work.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil contractual obligations to you and our clients
- To advise on news, industry updates, events and any changes to the services we provide. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- To provide employment references. Information disclosed will be limited to the position you held and dates worked.
- We may also contact you to seek further consent to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for purposes not listed above.
To subscribe to job alerts you will be required to provide your email address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by email, of the latest jobs in your industry and provide you with industry news. Should you decide you no longer want to receive this information, unsubscribe links will be provided.
Curriculum Vitae, CV
You have the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to a consultant. You can do this either for a specific opportunity or for consideration for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in our database of candidates and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants. You can update or remove your CV and details at any time by contacting us.
We are an equal opportunity business and committed to diversity. All job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and not be discriminated against on the grounds gender, marital status, race, ethnic or national origin, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, religion or age.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We will only make your personal information visible to the organisations we are working with when you are put forward for an opportunity or where required for the fulfilment and ongoing management of a contract where we have placed or hired you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we use 3rd parties for running our business processes. An example of this might be that we have our emails or our database hosted in the cloud. Whilst these cloud providers would not typically have direct access to your information, storage is considered processing under the relevant data protection legislation. Similarly, as an example, if we have employed you directly we would need to send your data as required by law to local tax authorities;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Using your information to keep in touch with you
In addition to our typical processing we may use the information we hold about you in order to contact you in the following circumstances:
- To advise you of changes to our terms
- To advise you of any security concerns
- Where permitted by law
How long do we hold it for?
We will hold your data for no longer than 18 months before seeking confirmation that you are happy for us to continue to hold your data. If we have placed you either with one of our clients or you have been employed directly by us, we are required by law to hold certain data for a longer period to comply with our legal obligations such as Working Time, Right To Work, Pension, National Minimum / Living Wage, Tax, National Insurance and Agency worker Regulations.
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on our secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Our staff have the minimum required access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a 'subject access request'.
Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
• that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
• that information about you is deleted in certain situations
• that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
• that your member profile is provided to you in a portable format
• that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for this purpose or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for this purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent us using your information in this way by contacting us.
If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with any reasonable request.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact us and we will try to resolve your concerns.
You also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. The main cookies that we use provide us with valuable data about our website. These are completely anonymous, telling us information such as how many people have visited our website and which pages are the most popular. This allows us to ensure that our website is doing its job and make improvements to help you use the site.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Law and Jurisdiction
This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.
Get in touch
Suzy Astbury 020 3668 6731 email@example.com www.inspiredselection.com