Inspired Selection Signs Sustainability Pledge “Publishing Declares"
We are delighted to share that Inspired Search and Selection has signed the Sustainability Pledge “Publishing Declares” recently launched by the Publishers Association. It was announced on the 15th October that “the purpose of Publishing Declares is to raise awareness of the sustainability issues most relevant to the UK book and journal publishing industry; to aid the discovery of existing tools and resources and to inspire action that results in sustained behaviour change.”
The pledge has 81 publishing industry signatories so far, and as signatories we pledge to:
- Join the global climate effort to limit warming to 1.5°C by setting ambitious, measurable targets across our own operations and extended supply chain to achieve net zero as soon as possible and by 2050 at the latest.
- Protect nature and biodiversity, working with supply chain partners that are resource efficient, use sustainable materials and processes wherever possible in the content we produce, and constantly innovating to make use of new and recycled materials.
- Collaborate with our peers, authors, illustrators, supply chain partners, and business partners to translate our climate aspirations and commitments into tangible actions to safeguard our planet for future generations.
- Empower our colleagues to become climate literate and support them to bring that knowledge into the work that they do.
- Use our expertise, platform, and voice to raise awareness and drive positive climate action wherever we can.
As the market leading publishing recruitment agency we partner with global publishing organisations finding them talent from all over the world, it is pivotal therefore that we do this in a sustainable way that aligns with the Publishing Declares pledge – we are both pledging to do this ourselves as a business and also through supporting and facilitating our publishing partners to do the same.
To find out more and sign up to the pledge visit: https://publishingdeclares.com/home.
“Our ideas and stories are limitless, but the planet’s resources are not.”
We are committed to deepening our knowledge of diversity and inclusion. Your comments and ideas on themes to explore in future articles are highly valued. Join us in shaping a more inclusive discourse by getting in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you like this article? Want to read more like this? Why not sign up to the Library Updates on your account?Sign up